20080603

Speciali! Che cosa fate?






















Chris & Cosey - Pagan Tango (1991)
[ Play It Again Sam BIAS 179 LP]

I must confess that Throbbing Gristle never really did it for me. It must have been one of those cases in which you listen to something and you never want to hear anything else from that band ever again because you didn't like and think everything is like that. Even 20 years later you think the same and it can happen of hearing the same track and liking it.
Of course I recognized their importance, innovation and breaking through dareness in the history of music and especially their influence on bands I liked and praised and that even some of them dared into trails initially opened by TG.
I love some of its offsprings... Early Psychic TV, Coil and derived industrial bands and its incestuous dark-folk ramifications but I never really gave a chance to either TG nor to Chris & Cosey [formed by, if you don't know, half of TG's members, the couple comprised of Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti].
About 3 years ago I bought, for €0,20, a Chris & Cosey 12"EP (Take Five). I never listened to it because as I was always moving from place to place I never quite managed to organize my study/listening room as I wanted and didn't have a working turntable. I bought it because it was cheap and after all it was Chris & Cosey...
I finally listened to it about one month ago. In my new house I put a turntable to work and decided to listen to all the vinyl records I had not yet listened to (the music, not the vinyls...).
And the album blew my mind. I thought it was more than great or excellent.. I had to grab more of their stuff... And I downloaded perhaps all of their discography...
The next album I listened to was this 1991 release. "Pagan Tango" is the title and in itself reveals what's within.
After listening to the first few seconds I was bewitched again...
Take a peek and feel entranced too... now that Psychic TV and Throbbing Gristle are doing reunion tours... and Genesis P-Orridge is a full grown woman...




http://www.chrisandcosey.com
http://coseyfannitutti.com
http://www.throbbing-gristle.com
http://www.brainwashed.com/tg
http://www.myspace.com/throbbinggristle



Tracklisting:
01 In Ecstasy (4:04)
02 Synaesthesia (5:20)
03 I Belong To Me (2:38)
04 Take Control (3:04)
05 Face To Face (3:01)
06 Feel To Me (4:04)
07 Go-Go Latino (3:19)
08 Sin (5:02)
09 Pagan Tango (4:05)
10 Cords Of Love (4:05)
11 Balfigore (Before The Feast) (3:04)
12 Sacred Silence (3:01)


mp3 192kbps; total: 45'25"


download [PWD=mehrlichtunbound.blogspot.com]
65,4MB RAR includes 5% recovery record

No comments: