20070812

Songs From The Unclean Womb
























Womb - Unclean CD (1999)
[self GFCD/001]

On my return to the posts I thought of something new back from 1999. It's eight-year old new stuff. It's so new it's called Womb, Greg Ferrari's single-minded goth project.
Greg Ferrari was a The Smiths' loving open-minded London goth who made music in his basement with his own electronic devices.
I heard the band (he, his friend Joanne Owen from Leisure Hive, and drum machine/sequancer/tapes) once in the 1998 edition of the Sacrosanct Festival. Despite annoyed with the abusive use of taped guitars (he played one but many other layers were there), I enjoyed their sound and posture in music.
This album came to my hand one year later and proved to be even better.
Greg released another album, "Spiteful Extractions", in 2001, which I'm still looking for [anyone?]
Greg and Joanne are now in Naevus, a well-known dark-folk band with their fifth full length album released last month.


Tracklisting:

1
Thirst Movement (1:23)
2
Dead Line (4:43)
3
A Nun Like You (4:22)
4
Pretty Face (Mental Case) (4:01)
5
Shut (5:31)
6
Cyan Circles Revolving (4:44)
7
La Mia Confessione (2:39)
8
What If And If Only (4:46)
9
Babies For Sale! (2:35)
10
Now That I've Paid For You (4:16)
11
Into My Mouth (4:42)
12
Scared (7:37)
13
Unclean (5:15)
14
The Cry (4:42)


Womb abbandoned site
Womb at MySpace
Naevus site
Naevus at MySpace


download [PWD=mehrlichtunbound.blogspot.com]
93,9 MB (includes 5% recovery record and covers)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

The link is dead. Any chance you could upload again? Sorry I missed it the first time. Thanks